Fantastic news for muggles and wizards alike: JK Rowling is set to release FOUR new Harry Potter books in the coming months.
But don’t celebrate with a pint of butter beer just yet. Rather than telling new adventures of the Boy who Lived, the “bitesize” e-books – called Harry Potter: A Journey Through… – will instead delve into classes taught at Hogwarts.
- Meet the real-life muggles named Harry Potter
- Alan Rickman’s ‘frustration’ playing Harry Potter’s Professor Snape hinted at in previously unseen letters
- Listen to the RadioTimes.com Podcast now: subscribe on iTunes / subscribe on Google Podcasts
Adapted from audiobook Harry Potter: A History of Magic that was inspired by the British Library exhibition of the same name, the new books promise to delve deep into “the traditional folklore and magic at the heart of the Harry Potter stories,” according to Pottermore.
The full book titles are…
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Potions and Herbology
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Divination and Astronomy
- Harry Potter: A Journey Through Care of Magical Creatures
The first two titles (A Journey Through Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts and A Journey Through Potions and Herbology) will be released on 27th June. The next two books will be released “soon after”.
All titles will include new illustrations from London-based artist Rohan Daniel Eason.