How long does it actually take to watch these famous film franchises?
From Star Wars to Jurassic Park we total up the time it would take to watch all of the movies back-to-back... and consider what could have been achieved in the same amount of time
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: 152 minutes/ 159 (extended edition)
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: 161 minutes/ 174 (extended edition)
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: 142 minutes
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: 157 minutes
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 138 minutes
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 153 minutes
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1: 146 minutes
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2: 130 minutes
Total (using standard editions) = 1, 179 minutes or
19 hours 39 minutes
What could you do instead? You could hop on a train at London’s King’s Cross Station (where the characters catch their Hogwarts express) and travel to Cambridge and back again 12 times.