Khabib steps into the Octagon for only the second time since his victory over Conor McGregor, while Gaethje has earned a shot after defeating Tony Ferguson earlier this year.
Also on the card, Robert Whittaker and Jared Cannonier go head-to-head in a middleweight showdown.
In addition, Alexander Volkov and Walt Harris are set to do battle in the Octagon in what is sure to be an explosive day of action on Fight Island.
Check out the full UFC 254 fight card below.
In the UK? Watch UFC 254 on BT Sport Box Office
In the US? Watch UFC 254 on ESPN+
UFC 254 card
Main card (from 7pm UK time – Saturday 24th September)
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) v Justin Gaethje – Lightweight
- Robert Whittaker v Jared Cannonier – Middleweight
- Alexander Volkov v Walt Harris – Heavyweight
- Jacob Malkoun v Phil Hawes – Middleweight
- Lauren Murphy v Liliya Shakirova – Women’s Flyweight
- Magomed Ankalaev v Ion Cutelaba – Light Heavyweight
Preliminary Card (from 5pm UK time – Saturday 24th September)
- Stefan Struve v Tai Tuivasa – Heavyweight
- Alex Oliveira v Shavkat Rakhmonov – Welterweight
- Todd Duffee v Sam Alvey – Heavyweight
Early Preliminary Card (from 3:30pm UK time – Saturday 24th September)
- Nathaniel Wood v Casey Kenney – Catchweight (140lb)
- Liana Jojua v Miranda Maverick – Women’s Flyweight
- Joel Alvarez v Alexander Yakovlev – Lightweight
Enjoy the whole event with our how to watch UFC 254 guide.
Check out the full UFC schedule 2020 for upcoming fights, dates, cards and previews.
Looking for what else is on TV? Check out our TV Guide.