It's all led up to this! The penultimate episode of Andor on Disney Plus sees each of the show's major characters on a collision course for Ferrix, where an emotional funeral service is about to take place.
There's a real sense of dread surrounding next week's season finale, which seems likely to depict a major confrontation which could lead to yet more heartbreak for our long-suffering hero Cassian Andor (Diego Luna) and his allies.
The show has been a critical darling for Disney Plus, earning glowing reviews and an outpouring of fan appreciation, with much being said of its serious political themes.
However, Gilroy clarified that he didn't write the show with "any kind of agenda", taking inspiration from history as opposed to contemporary issues – but finding that, of course, the lines between the two can blur.
"We're allowed to cherry pick off the last 3,000 years of history," he explained. "I mean, oppression is not anything new. Slavery is not anything new. Colonialism is not new. None of these issues are brand new.
"If anything resonates contemporaneously, then that's just because of where we are. But it is not intentional, no one is sitting down saying, ‘We have an axe to grind. Let's go at it.’ This is really what happens."
More like this
If you can't wait to find out how Andor season 1 ends, read on to find out exactly when you can tune in to episode 12.
Andor episode 12 release date on Disney Plus
Andor episode 12 will be released on Disney Plus on Wednesday 23rd November 2022 at 8am GMT.
For our fellow Star Wars fans across the pond, that will be an earlier start of 12am PDT / 2am CDT / 3am EDT.
Andor season 1 consists of 12 episodes in total, making next week's episode the season finale.
How many episodes of Andor will there be?
The first season of Andor consists of 12 episodes in total, making it longer than the standard run for other Star Wars shows on Disney Plus, such as The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett.
What’s more, a second season of Andor has been confirmed in order to complete Cassian’s narrative arc, and is expected to consist of 12 more episodes. Get excited!
Andor episode release schedule
Andor launched with a three-episode premiere, but has since shifted to a one-episode-per-week schedule, which means that the following release dates are expected for the first season:
- Andor episode 1: Kassa - Wednesday 21st September 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 2: That Would Be Me - Wednesday 21st September 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 3: Reckoning - Wednesday 21st September 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 4: Aldhani - Wednesday 28th September 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 5: The Axe Forgets - Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 6: The Eye - Wednesday 12th October 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 7: Announcement - Wednesday 19th October 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 8: Narkina 5 - Wednesday 26th October 2022 at 8am BST (out now)
- Andor episode 9: Nobody's Listening! - Wednesday 2nd November 2022 at 8am GMT (out now)
- Andor episode 10: One Way Out - Wednesday 9th November 2022 at 8am GMT (out now)
- Andor episode 11: Daughter of Ferrix - Wednesday 16th November 2022 at 8am GMT (out now)
- Andor episode 12 (finale): TBC - Wednesday 23rd November at 8am GMT
What happened in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?
You technically don't need to have seen Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in order to enjoy Andor as the show takes place several years earlier and is relatively unconnected (at least, to begin with).
However, refreshing your memory of the movie may bring some added context to how the show unfolds, so it's quite helpful that it happens to be streaming on Disney Plus as well.
The film sees Cassian Andor team up with a ragtag group of rebels, led by Jyn Erso, for a dangerous mission to steal the Death Star plans – setting up the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
Andor is available to stream on Disney Plus now. New episodes arrive weekly. Sign up to Disney Plus for £7.99 a month or £79.90 for a year.