Chelsea transfer news: Done deals, rumours, ins and outs
Your complete guide to the latest Chelsea transfer news transfer news ahead of the January transfer window 2024.
Chelsea owner Todd Boehly rarely misses an opportunity to get his chequebook out so the January transfer window could be a busy period at Stamford Bridge.
Things look like they're starting to click for summer appointment Mauricio Pochettino, who has been tasked with knitting together the raft of new recruits that the American owner has signed since his takeover.
They're not yet the finished product, however, and the Argentine coach will be keen to make a few tweaks to his squad in the winter window as he looks to fill any remaining gaps.
A bloated squad will surely mean departures as well as arrivals, though.
RadioTimes.com has rounded up the latest Chelsea transfer news, rumours and confirmed deals below.
Chelsea transfer news and rumours
Updated: November 24th 2023
Forward firepower looks to be high on Chelsea's list of priorities ahead of January. Napoli's Victor Osimhen remains a target while Brentford's Ivan Toney is another on their radar – though the latter could cost £100 million amid interest from Arsenal and Tottenham.
The Blues are also in the race for Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, alongside the likes of Barcelona, Man City and Real Madrid, but Napoli are said to value him at more than £87million and hope to tie him down to a new deal.
Versatile Wolves defender Rayan Ait-Nouri is being tracked with a view to strengthening the backline in January while 16-year-old Palmeiras winger Estevao Willian, who has a £52 million release clause, looks to a target with the future in mind.
There were plenty of Chelsea departures in the summer and that could well continue in January.
21-year-old left-back Ian Maatsen is thought to be open to joining Man City after their interest emerged and 39-year-old Thiago Silva has been linked with a move back to Brazil in the new year.
One player who is not expected to go anywhere, despite interest from AC Milan and Roma, is defender Benoît Badiashile after his strong start to life in West London.
Chelsea transfer done deals
Fees approximate, based on reports.
- Moises Caicedo (Brighton) £115m
- Romeo Lavia (Southampton) £58m
- Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig) £52m
- Cole Palmer (Man City) £45m
- Axel Disasi (Monaco) £38.5m
- Nicolas Jackson (Villarreal) £32m
- Robert Sanchez (Brighton) £25m
- Lesley Ugochukwu (Rennes) £23.5m
- Deivid Washington (Santos) £17.2m
- Djordje Petrovic (New England Revolution) Undisclosed
- Dujuan Richards (Phoenix All Stars Academy) Undisclosed
- Kendry Paez (Independiente del Valle) Undisclosed
- Angelo Gabriel (Santos) Undisclosed
- Alex Matos (Norwich) Undisclosed
- Diego Moreira (Benfica) Undisclosed
- Ishe Samuels-Smith (Everton) Undisclosed
- Kai Havertz (Arsenal) £65m
- Mason Mount (Manchester United) £55m
- Edouard Mendy (Al-Ahli) £22m
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek (AC Milan) £15m
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Al-Hilal) £20m
- Mateo Kovacic (Man City) £30m
- Christian Pulisic (AC Milan) £20m
- Ethan Ampadu (Leeds) £7m
- Callum Hudson-Odoi (Nottingham Forest) £5m
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Marseille) Free
- N'Golo Kanté (Al-Ittihad Club) Free
- Cesar Azpilicueta (Atletico Madrid) Free
- Dujon Sterling (Rangers) Free
- Baba Rahman (PAOK) Free
- Hakim Ziyech (Galatasaray) Loan
- Kepa Arrizabalaga (Real Madrid) Loan
- Lewis Hall (Newcastle) Loan
- Omari Hutchinson (Ipswich) Loan
- David Datro Fofana (Union Berlin) Loan
- Cesare Casadei (Leicester City) Loan
- Angelo Gabriel (Strasbourg) Loan
- Andrey Santos (Nottingham Forest) Loan
- Charlie Webster (Heerenveen) Loan
- Dion Rankine (Exeter) Loan
- Derrick Abu (Released)
- Prince Adegoke (Released)
- Tiemoue Bakayoko (Released)
- Nathan Baxter (Bolton) Free
- Juan Castillo (Released)
- Bryan Fiabema (Released)
- Joe Haigh (Released)
- Henry Lawrence (Released)
- Sam McClelland (Released)
- Silko Thomas (Released)
- Ethan Wady (Released)
- Jayden Wareham (Released)
Take part in the Screen Test, a project from Radio Times and the Universities of Sussex and Brighton, to explore the role of television and audio in our lives.