Your RadioTimes.com TV guide experience has improved
We've added new and useful features that will make finding brilliant TV, film, streaming and radio content easier than ever
When it comes to finding out what’s good to watch, we here at RadioTimes.com pride ourselves on being the best place to find accurate, trustworthy and independent TV listings and guidance alongside our award-winning expert journalism. However, we are always keen to improve the experience for our users, and to introduce new features that make it easier to find great shows and films.
In recent years, the TV viewing landscape has changed at an electric rate – with more programming than ever available to watch across an increasing number of channels, catch-up and streaming services. This is good news for those of us that love brilliant TV as there is now more choice at our fingertips than there has ever been – yet with this wealth of content comes a sometimes overwhelming number of options, not just of what to watch, but when, where and how to watch it.
In response to this challenge, we have increased our coverage of catch-up and streaming services – ensuring that our users get the same top-quality recommendations and coverage for the biggest shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus and NOW as they would expect for BBC One, ITV, Channel 4 or Sky Atlantic.
And it is with the overwhelming success and positive feedback we have received for this new streaming content, and a recognition that the way many of us are watching television is changing to a hybrid of scheduled and on demand, that we took the decision to significantly invest in and improve our TV listings experience to also incorporate information on streaming and catch-up services.
What's new on RadioTimes.com?
Our TV guide improvements have been rolled out in a staged manner over the past 10 months:
- Everything in one place - Our TV listings link to new, improved programme hubs that provide programme, season and episode information in one convenient experience
- The best content at your fingertips - Our new pages offer easy access to the latest news, views, comment and analysis on your favourite shows from our expert editorial team
- Streaming services - Alongside scheduled television listings our new streaming guide ensures you will never miss a thing on Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime Video, NOW, Apple TV+, BritBox, BBC iPlayer and beyond
- Better recommendations - Our expert team curates the very best shows and films across scheduled and streaming TV so you always have something great to watch
- Collections - Whether you're looking for a top comedy or the latest horror films available, our curated collections offer more inspiration than ever before
And still to come (spring 2022):
- Your content, your way - Filter shows and films from the streaming and catch-up services by service, genre and date to find the most relevant content for you
New TV and radio listings grids
The final stages of our TV guide project have involved improving the look and feel of our TV and radio listings grids, as well as significantly upgrading the technology that sits behind them:
- Personalised listings - Set your own channel preferences to get a shortcut to the content that matters most to you, across all your devices
- Optimised listings grid, with smoother navigation – You can now drag, slide or swipe the grid to view a different time slot, making finding what to watch even easier
- More channels to choose from – Discover even more shows and films to enjoy
- More accurate information – The grid will update more quickly with schedule changes
- More programme details in the grid - Our new programme quick view displays more at-a-glance information, including on-demand availability
How do I personalise my RadioTimes.com listings?
If you would like to customise your RadioTimes.com TV listings:
- You can choose to view "Popular channels" (our editorial picks that cover the most-watched channels), or select your TV provider from the list:
- Click "Choose channels and regions, and save in a profile for quicker access later":
- Select your local region(s) in the dropdown(s):
- You may deselect any of the popular channels we provide, and add any more you would like to include in the "All other channels" dropdown. The listings grid will then change to reflect your selections.
- If you would like to save your preferences for future use, click "Save changes" (or "Reset" if you would like to clear your changes and return to the default selection)...
...this will take you to a simple sign-in or register screen. If you do not already have a RadioTimes.com log-in (this is free of charge and separate to your magazine subscription details), please provide an email address and password so we can give you your personalised listings experience on return visits:
The process is very similar for radio – you can deselect any stations provided in the “Popular channels” list and add any stations you wish to see in your grid in “All other channels”.
Please note if you previously had personalised RadioTimes.com listings, you will need to create a new profile and reset your TV provider, region and any channels you may have added.
We are really excited about this upgrade to RadioTimes.com and hope that you enjoy using all of the new features, and want to reassure you that we are committed to ensuring that our listings, content and recommendations continue to remain the best in the business.The views of our users are incredibly important to us, so we're keen to hear from you and get your thoughts, and you can be sure we always take these into account when developing and improving the site. Please don’t hesitate to send comments or suggestions to email@example.com.
The whole RadioTimes.com team would like to thank you for using the website and for taking the time to read this message.