Monday, 30th June 2014 at 11:30 am
Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer Anton Du Beke was among the names tipped to replace Sir Bruce Forsyth as Tess Daly’s co-host, but frankly, he’s just glad to be part of the show.
“Anybody would have loved that job,” the long-running professional dancer tells the Sun as the show gears up for its next series.
“But I love being part of the show and I’m happy to be part of it in any way I can be. The worst bit is the thought of not being in it at all – I’d have a heart attack.”
Claudia Winkleman, who has regularly appeared as a guest host on the show, has secured the full-time presenting gig.
“I think the two girls will do a great job,” Du Beke says, adding “We are all familiar with them, so it’s not as though we’ve got someone out of the blue.”
Four other faces will be familiar to the pro dancer, too. Judges Bruno Tonioli, Darcey Bussell, Craig Revel Horwood and Len Goodman have all confirmed they will be back on the panel.
However, earlier this month it was revealed that the professional dancing line-up will change.
Fan faves Artem Chigvintsev and James Jordan have both confirmed they won’t be taking part in the show.
Artem posted on Twitter that he was staying in the US to sort out his citizenship, while
James told followers they shouldn’t “believe everything the BBC have written in their statement” after it was said he’d turned down a reduced role without a celebrity partner.
Kevin Clifton, who last year partnered Susanna Reid, will see his sister Joanna join the ranks along with Dancing with the Stars dancer Tristan MacManus and returning dancer Natalie Lowe.