Newcastle transfer news: Done deals, rumours, ins and outs
Your complete guide to the latest Newcastle transfer news in the January transfer window 2024.
After a slow start to the Premier League season, Newcastle United have really begun to hit their straps.
Eddie Howe's side are battling for a top four place once again and have enjoyed a memorable return to the Champions League as well.
Injury problems have been a real obstacle in the opening months of the 2023/24 campaign and that might encourage Newcastle to spend again in January.
RadioTimes.com has rounded up the latest Newcastle transfer news, rumours and confirmed deals below.
Newcastle transfer news and rumours
Updated: November 24th 2023.
It seems Howe wants more forward firepower as Stuttgart forward Serhou Guirassy has emerged as a January target and though the 27-year-old has a €17.5million release clause, he is also attracting the attention of Atletico Madrid and AC Milan.
Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is another player that the North East club have been scouting but they're not the only ones with the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea also keen.
Despite being snubbed by young forward Hugo Ekitike last January and in the summer, fresh links between the 21-year-old and the St James' Park outfit have emerged ahead of the winter window.
With Sandro Tonali banned, the Toon are tipped to strengthen in the centre of the park as well. Man City midfielder Kalvin Phillips is expected to leave the Etihad on loan in January and Howe is thought to be a big fan of the England international.
There do appear to be other midfielders on his radar, however, with former Wolves captain Ruben Neves one of them. The path has been cleared for the Al-Hilal player to join the Mags in January after a Premier League vote to outlaw loans between associated clubs did not pass.
Injuries at centre-back may mean they recruit in defence as well with Sporting Lisbon's Ousmane Diomande and Nice's Jean-Clair Todibo touted as potential targets.
Newcastle transfer done deals
Fees approximate, based on reports.
- Sandro Tonali (AC Milan) £55m
- Harvey Barnes (Leicester) £38m
- Tino Livramento (Southampton) £40m
- Yankuba Minteh (Odense BK) £6m
- Lewis Hall (Chelsea) Loan
- Cathal Heffernan (AC Milan) Undisclosed
- Reece Byrne (Bohemians) Undisclosed
- Allan Saint-Maximin (Al-Ahli) £23m
- Chris Wood (Nottingham Forest) £15m
- Karl Darlow (Leeds United) £400k
- Jamal Lewis (Watford) Loan
- Matty Bondswell (Newport) Loan
- Yankuba Minteh (Feyenoord) Loan
- Jay Turner-Cooke (St Johnstone) Loan
- Kell Watts (Wigan) Loan
- Garang Kuol (FC Volendam) Loan
- Max Thompson (Northampton) Loan
- Niall Brookwell (Released)
- Ciaran Clark (Released)
- Dan Langley (Released)
- Matty Longstaff (Released)
- Josh Stewart (Released)
- Isaac Westendorf (Released)
Take part in the Screen Test, a project from Radio Times and the Universities of Sussex and Brighton, to explore the role of television and audio in our lives.