Your favourite Coldplay cover has materialised: You can now listen to Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker’s take on classic single Yellow.
Part of an upcoming Children In Need charity album of celebrity covers, the time-travelling actor has delivered a heart-warming version of the 2000 hit.
To produce the cover, Whittaker worked with vocal coach Mark De-Lisse while also receiving guidance from record producers and songwriters Guy Chambers and Jonathan Quarmby.
The album, titled Got it Covered, will also see fellow Doctor Who star David Tennant show off his vocal talents, singing Sunshine on Leith by The Proclaimers.
Other stars to feature on the record include Oscar-winning actress Olivia Colman, The Crown’s Helen Bonham Carter, Harry Potter’s Jim Broadbent, Gentleman Jack’s Suranne Jones, Beauty and the Beast’s Luke Evans, Hustle’s Adrian Lester and Yesterday star Himesh Patel.
A special hour-long show documenting the stars recording the album at the legendary Abbey Road studios will air ahead of the annual BBC Children in Need Appeal show.
The full tracklist for the album is as follows…
- Helena Bonham Carter – Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell
- Jim Broadbent – Blue Moon by Rogers and Hart
- Olivia Colman – Glory Box by Portishead
- Shaun Dooley – Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift
- Luke Evans – Smile by Charlie Chaplin
- Suranne Jones – Symphony by Clean Bandit
- Adrian Lester – I Wish by Stevie Wonder
- Himesh Patel – All These Things That I’ve Done by The Killers
- David Tennant – Sunshine on Leith by The Proclaimers
- Jodie Whittaker – Yellow by Coldplay
- Group cover of It Must Be Love by Labi Siffre
The album will be released in conjunction with Silva Screen Records on Friday 1st November with all profits going to Children in Need.