The leaders are hiding (the cowards) and the only way to find them is to take out some grunts at Pokestops to get the pieces needed to assemble a Rocket Radar that reveals where they are all are.
One of those leaders is Arlo and, like the others, he tends to mix his shadow Pokemon army up each month and so for July, here is what you will need to keep in mind when you are ready to take him on.
Best Arlo counters for Pokemon Go in July 2021
While we know which Pokemon Arlo will start with, rounds two and three could feature different ones. And while we know the options, there is no way of knowing which one will you go up against.
So we have covered all variations of the Arlo battle here so you stand the best chance of emerging victorious. Here is what you will need to know about what you will be up against.
- Shadow Venonat (a Bug and Poison-type Pokemon, weak against Fire, Flying, Rock and Psychic-type moves)
- Shadow Manectric (an Electric-type Pokemon, weak against Ground-type moves)
- Shadow Crobat (a Poison and Flying-type Pokemon, weak against Ice, Rock, Psychic and Electric-type moves)
- Shadow Ursaring (a Normal-type Pokemon, weak against Fighting-type moves)
- Shadow Scizor (a Bug and Steel-type Pokemon, weak against Fighting, Fairy, Ground, Bug, Steel, Water and Grass-type moves)
- Shadow Magnezone (an Electric and Steel-type Pokemon, weak against Ground, Fire and Fighting-type moves)
- Shadow Vileplume (a Grass and Poison-type Pokemon, weak against Fire, Flying, Ice and Psychic-type moves)
To take this battle on, we advise loading your team up with a Mewtwo if you can. A Rhyperior will also come in handy as, like Mewtwo, there are a couple of potential battles that it will more than hold its own in. Have a Reshiram lined up too and you should have all your bases covered!
It's also worth noting that you can re-pick your team after losing to Arlo once, by opting for a rematch at the same location, which should mean that Arlo makes the same picks again - this time you'll know who you're up against, so you can make your own picks more wisely. And if you want more tips, keep reading!
Best Venonat counters in Pokemon Go
You should not have too much trouble when you take on Venonat but if you want to get the job done quickly then look for Pokemon that use Fire, Flying, Rock and Psychic moves.
One of the best to pick here is a powerful Mewtwo who will be able to take Venonat down extremely quickly with Psystrike. If you don't have one at your disposal then Deoxys is a great one to pick but any powerful Pokemon with the above move sets will be able to inflict fast damage.
Best Manectric counters in Pokemon Go
Manectric is an Electric-type Pokemon and the only moves that he is particularly weak against are Ground-type ones - which makes narrowing down the list of Pokemon to battle against it quite simple.
Mamoswine, Garchomp, Excadrill, Groudon and Rhyperior will all be able to do the job. But for our money, we would go with the mighty Rhyperior as he packs a punch and remains one of the coolest Pokemon in the game visually.
Best Crobat counters in Pokemon Go
Your Mewtwo should not have taken too much damage in its previous fight and if that is the case, use it again here as it is perfect for taking down a Crobat.
Crobat is vulnerable to any attacks that are Ice, Rock, Psychic or Electric, so if Mewtwo is not available, go for any high-powered Pokemon that has those skills. Deoxys is also a good one to use if you were able to catch one after a raid.
Best Usaring counters in Pokemon Go
A Normal-Type Pokemon that is vulnerable to fighting moves gives you a few choices here if you find yourself facing Usaring.
Thundurus would be one of the best choices here but any powered up fighting Pokemon, such as Machamp, should be able to get the job done.
Read more on Pokemon:
- The best Cliff counters in Pokemon Go
- When is the next Pokemon Go Spotlight Hour?
- Pokemon Go Fest returns this July
- How to play the Pokemon games in order
Best Scizor counters in Pokemon Go
Reshiram is by far the best bet for a Scizor takedown, but, failing that, there are others that you can choose including Chandelure, Blaziken and Moltres. So take your pick!
But essentially, any Pokemon that can handle itself in a fight and is equipped with Fighting, Fairy, Ground, Bug, Steel, Water or Grass moves should give this one a run for its money.
Best Magnezone counters in Pokemon Go
Pokemon with Ground, Fire and Fighting moves are the ones that you will want to have ready if you find yourself going up against Magnezone in the last stage of the Arlo battle.
Have a Landorus ready to fight? Well, pick it if so as it is the best for taking a Magnezone out with its powerful Earthquake attack. Excadrill and Rhyperior will also put up a good fight.
- For the latest news and expert tips on getting the best deals this year, take a look at our Black Friday 2021 and Cyber Monday 2021
Best Vileplume counters in Pokemon Go
To take out Vileplume, you will need to have a Pokemon on your team that specialises in Fire, Flying, Ice or Psychic moves. Once again, Mewtwo will come in handy here and the Psystrike move has the potential to do crippling damage to the poor, unsuspecting Vileplume. Chandelure and Deoxys are also capable of having this one done and dusted quickly if they are powerful enough.
Check out some of the best subscription deals in gaming below:
- Get unlimited gaming with Utomik 3 month subscription for £13.49
- Buy Nintendo Switch Online 12 months membership for £14.99
- Get a 14-day trial of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for £2.99
- Get PS Plus 12 months at CDKeys for £43.99
Looking for something to watch? See our TV Guide.