Dancing on Ice is in its 12th series, with Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby hosting, Jayne Torvill, Christopher Dean, Ashley Banjo and new recruit John Barrowman on judging duties and a new batch of celebs gliding (or tottering) on to the deep-frozen dance floor.
But who’s taking part, what do we know about the judges and, perhaps most important of all, when is it actually on?
Here’s everything you need to know about the greatest show on ice…
When is Dancing on Ice on TV?
Dancing on Ice is on ITV at 6pm on Sundays offering a solid two hours of icy celeb action.
Who are the Dancing on Ice 2020 contestants?
Here are the contestants taking place in the 2020 series of Dancing on Ice. Click on their names to find out more about them…
- Ben Hanlin – Magician and TV presenter (partnered with Carlotta Edwards)
- Caprice – Model and actress (originally partnered with Hamish Gaman, now partnered with Oscar Peters)
- Ian “H” Watkins – Steps singer (partnered with Matt Evers)
- Joe Swash – Former EastEnders actor and TV presenter (partnered with Alexandra Schauman)
- Kevin Kilbane – Former Republic of Ireland footballer (partnered with Brianne Delcourt)
- Libby Clegg – Paralympic sprinter (partnered with Mark Hanretty)
- Lisa George – Coronation Street actress (partnered with Tom Naylor)
- Lucrezia Millarini – ITV News presenter (partnered with Brendyn Hatfield)
- Maura Higgins – Love Island star (partnered with Alexander Demetriou)
- Perri Kiely – Diversity dancer (partnered with Vanessa Bauer)
- Trisha Goddard – Talk show host (partnered with Łukasz Różycki)
- Radzi Chinyanganya – TV Presenter (partnered with Jessica Hatfield)
Comedian and presenter Michael Barrymore was scheduled to appear as a contestant, but was forced to pull out due to a broken wrist. He was replaced by Blue Peter host Radzi Chinyanganya.
Who are the Dancing on Ice 2020 professionals?
- Matt Evers
- Lukasz Rozycki
- Alexander Demetriou
- Mark Hanretty
- Hamish Gaman has “parted ways” with partner Caprice Bourret to be replaced by Oscar Peters
- Tom Naylor
- Brendyn Hatfield
- Reining champ Alexandra Schauman
- Vanessa Bauer
- Carlotta Edwards
- Brianne Delcourt
- Jessica Hatfield
Old fan-favourite Sylvain Longchambon will only appear as a reserve skater this year. Alex Murphy, who was originally partnered with Michael Barrymore, is now a reserve skater. You can find out more about the skating pros here.
When Dancing on Ice was revived in 2018, a purpose-built rink at RAF Bovingdon, Hertfordshire was built, which is where the live shows are now filmed.
Tickets are available for free from SRO Audiences – follow this link to register.
Who are the Dancing on Ice judges?
View this post on Instagram
The rumors are flying. But this video will put them all to rest. I am so excited to announce I will be on the 2020 judging panel on Dancing On Ice!! #fabulous (watch Video) jb ⛸❤️????????????????????️????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????⛸ @dancingonice @hollywilloughby @schofe @torvillanddeanofficial @jaynetorvill_official @ashleybanjogram @themattevers @woo2kaz @itv
Gardiner officially quit in August 2019 after months of speculation, and nearly a year after his on-air row with then-contestant Gemma Collins.
“After all these years I feel it’s time for me to say goodbye to my judging role and return to things I have been putting on hold and have been on the back burner for a while,” he said in a video message to fans.
“To all of my DOI fans I really thank you for your support and encouragement over the years, I know we’ve gone through some controversies and I’m glad you got my unique judging style and honestly. It’s because of you I never cowered or shied away from serving up the truth.”
That means the Dancing on Ice 2020 judging line-up consists of: the fabulous(!) John Barrowman – former Doctor Who and Torchwood actor, musical theatre star and I’m a Celebrity contestant – Ashley Banjo, winner of Britain’s Got Talent 2009 with his dance troupe Diversity and host of Channel 4 dating show Flirty Dancing, and of course Olympic gold medal-winning skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.
Who won the 2019 Dancing on Ice series?
Discussing his victory, James said, “I feel overwhelmed. My body is going to need a massive rest, I couldn’t have pushed myself any harder. I had to push so much because Wes so was brilliant.
“It’s been so nice to skate with Alexandra and it’s honestly been one of the best experiences of my life.”
Dancing on Ice is on ITV at 6pm on Sundays