When the show’s producers were asked at a live Q&A whether any noughties pop stars could be part of the line-up for series four, well, they didn’t say no.
- When does Love Island 2018 start?
- Who is going to be in the new series of Love Island?
- Which Love Island couples are still together?
Want more Love Island content? Click here
Angela Jain, managing director at ITV Studios Entertainment, and Tom Gould, executive producer for the show, were speaking at a Royal Television Society event dedicated to the ITV2 show when they were asked whether there could be another former pop star among the contestants for the new series.
Looking more than a bit shifty, Gould replied: “I couldn’t possibly say”, while Jain hinted: “There were a lot of people in Blazin’ Squad though…”
- Can the new series of Love Island be as good as last year?
- ITV confirms Love Island smoking ban for 2018
- RadioTimes.com newsletter: get the latest TV and entertainment news direct to your inbox
There are no noughties pop stars among the names that have already been rumoured for the 2018 edition, but we sort of think this has to happen. Maybe someone from Another Level or So Solid Crew would be up for it?
The producers also braced us to expect the unexpected in this year’s Love Island line-up, with Jain saying: “There absolutely need to be some surprising cast members there – people who you’re not expecting to see.”