Ordeal by Innocence actor Christian Cooke stepped in to film reshoots after the series was dropped from the Christmas schedules. Find out more about the late addition to the BBC1 cast below.
Who is Christian Cooke?
English actor Christian Cooke, 30, stars as Mickey Argyll in the BBC’s Agatha Christie drama Ordeal by Innocence. Mickey is one of Rachel and Leo Argyll’s five adopted children.
- Ordeal by Innocence: BBC’s gripping Agatha Christie drama is well worth the wait
- Meet the cast of Agatha Christie drama Ordeal by Innocence
Why did he replace Ed Westwick as Mickey Argyll?
Three-part drama Ordeal by Innocence was originally lined up to broadcast over Christmas 2017. But in November, one of its stars – Ed Westwick – was accused by two women of sexual assault. Ed Westwick denies the allegations.
The BBC made the decision to remove Ordeal by Innocence from the schedules, but later confirmed that scenes involving Westwick as Mickey Argyll would be re-shot.
Christian Cooke joined the rest of the cast on location at Ardgowan Estate in Scotland in early 2018. Director Sandra Goldbacher told Radio Times: “The scenes were difference because Christian played it differently [to Westwick]… both performances had weight and integrity, but they were very different.”
- Ordeal by Innocence: the inside story of how the series was reshot after the allegations against Ed Westwick
- Ordeal by Innocence producers explain decision to reshoot BBC drama following Ed Westwick allegations
- BBC puts Ordeal by Innocence on hold amid Ed Westwick allegations
What else has Christian Cooke appeared in?
Credits include Where the Heart Is, Demons, Trinity, Magic City, Witches of East End, and Cemetery Junction. He previously starred in Channel 4 drama The Promise, directed by Wolf Hall’s Peter Kosminsky, and took on the role of Stewart Gilmour in Iain Banks adaptation Stonemouth.
The actor’s film credits include Electricity, Romeo & Juliet, and Love, Rosie.
Bonus fun fact: Cooke’s cousin is Mel B from the Spice Girls.