A smartwatch will make a valuable companion for most people. These handy little wearables can do everything from telling you the weather forecast to tracking your stress levels. Whether you want it for health and fitness, day-to-day admin, or a bit of both, a smartwatch is – like so much technology – one of those things you wondered how you ever managed without.
Smartwatches vary in price – drastically. You can buy an entry-level fitness tracker wearable, with limited features, for as little as £40 or £50. Watches from major smartwatch lines (we’re looking at you, Apple and Samsung) will usually cost between £300 and £400, with designer-style ranges like Garmin’s Fenix line costing around £500 to and £1,000.
Luckily, you’ll often find many smartwatches from these brands are on sale, and sometimes with significant savings too. Read on for the best smartwatch deals you’ll find this April – and don’t miss our picks of the best smart TV deals, best broadband deals and best Amazon Echo deals either.
Best smartwatch deals in April 2021
Best Samsung smartwatch deals
The smartwatch brand with the most deals out there right now is Samsung: we’re currently seeing hefty price drops on two generations of the Galaxy Watch series, plus a 26% discount on the Active 2 in black at Amazon.
- Samsung Active2 Leather Stainless Steel Smartwatch (Black) |
£289£248 at Amazon (save £41 or 15%)
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active (Black) |
£199£159 at Currys PC World (save £40 or 20%)
Best Apple smartwatch deals
Discounted Apple products are something of a rarity. But over at Currys, the Nike sports edition of the Apple Watch Series 5 is currently on sale for £150 less than usual. And the cellular version of the Apple SE has a small, but welcome, discount. You can read our Apple Watch SE review to find out more about this solid lite take on the Watch 6.
- Apple Watch Series 5 (with Black Nike Sports Band) |
£449£299 from Currys PC World (save £150 or 33%)
- Apple Watch SE (Cellular) |
£349£329 from Currys PC World (save £20 or 5%)
Best Garmin smartwatch deals
A few wearables from Garmin’s high-end Fenix range are currently on offer. These are, for the most part, big-budget watches that cost hundreds, but you currently save over £100 on the Fenix 6 Pro at Jura Watches.
- Garmin Instinct (Graphite) |
£269.99£189.99 at Amazon (save £80 or 30%)
- Garmin Fenix 6S Solar (Black & Silver) |
£649£539 at Currys PC World (save £110 or 16%)
- Garmin Watch Fenix 6 Pro (Solar Black/Slate Grey band) |
£739£630 at Jura Watches (save £109 or 14%)
- Garmin Watch Fenix 6 Pro (Solar Titanium/Titanium band) |
£949£789 at Jura Watches (save £60 or 16%)
Best Huawei smartwatch deals
Huawei has had a tricky introduction to the western market, but the Chinese company’s smartwatch sales soared last year. As you can read in our Huawei Watch GT2 review, we loved this smartwatch’s sleek design and extensive tracking capabilities – all the better now that it’s 20% cheaper at Amazon. You might also want to read our Huawei Watch Fit review, which has fewer frills but still earned a four-star verdict.
- Huawei Band 4 (Graphite black) |
£39.99£29 (save £10.99 or 27%)
- Huawei Watch GT (Black) |
£199.99£89.95 (save £110.04 or 55%)
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Smart Watch (Titanium Grey) |
£157.79£149 at Amazon (save £8.79 or 5.5%)
- Huawei Watch Fit (Graphite Black) |
£99.99£79.99 at Currys PC World (save £20 or 20%)
Best Fitbit smartwatch deals
You’ll find two watches from Fitbit’s Versa line sale right now across different retailers. What sets apart the Versa 2 and its successor the Versa 3 is the inclusion of GPS tracking in the latter – despite that shortcoming, we still think this is a great offer.
- Fitbit Ionic (Blue/Silver grey) |
£249.99£185 at Amazon (save £64.99 or 26%)
- Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch (Petal and copper rose) |
£199.99£154.44 at Amazon (save £45.55 or 23%)
- Fitbit Versa 2 Smartwatch (Black) |
£199.99£158.42 at Amazon (save £41.57 or 21%)
Best other smartwatch deals
Amazon has just rolled out a site-wide sale, and we were pleased to discover a couple of price drops on wearables from Amazfit and Honor. Take a look below:
- Amazon Stratos 3 (Black) |
£164.96£137.47 at Amazon (save £27.49 or 17%)
- Honor MagicWatch (Flax Brown) |
£149.99£127.49 at Amazon (save £22.50 or 15%)
How to find a smartwatch deal
Here are a few tips to help you in your search for the best smartwatch deals:
- Make sure you search during key sales periods like Easter Weekend, Black Friday and the New Year. These are all prime opportunities to find great offers on wearables.
- Don’t always assume you’re getting a great deal simply based on the advertised RRP – tech products often haven’t actually cost that much for months or sometimes years. For Amazon deals, there’s a handy online price tracker called CamelCamelCamel that will give you a better sense of the product’s price history.
- Both John Lewis and Currys famously offer a guaranteed price-match policy. So if you see a smartwatch that’s cheaper elsewhere but no longer available, make sure you take them up on it.
- Subscribe to our newsletter. We’re kind of bargain-obsessed at RadioTimes.com, and we keep our subscribers up to date with the tech news, trends and all the latest deals.
Thinking about switching broadband provider? Make sure you check out our pick of the best broadband deals this month.