In this week’s Radio Times, we talk to the new hosts of Top Gear Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc about revamping the show before Sunday’s premiere. What new gears will they bring to Jeremy Clarkson’s old model?
Also in this week’s Radio Times…
- Was life under Louis XIV as sexy as the new French drama Versailles suggests?
- Paul McCartney opens up about the Beatles break-up and Kanye West.
- What does Beethoven have in common with The Beatles? Quite a lot, says satirist Ian Hislop.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream changed his life – now Russell T Davies is adding his own magic to the play.
- Alan Shearer’s new football documentary remembers “the last time England played with a smile.”
- Melissa McCarthy and the rise of a comic force of nature.
- TV editor Alison Graham asks Europe: when are you going to stop sending us your mediocre dramas?
- Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is making her acting debut in The Kraken Wakes.
- Johnny Vegas on Star Wars, Breaking Bad, and terribly Saturday-evening TV.
- Sid Waddell brought darts to the nation. Now, his son reflects on what he learned from the voice of darts
Pick up a copy of this week’s Radio Times in shops and on the Apple Newsstand from Tuesday 24 May.