With less than a month to go until Homeland season four premieres in the US, plot details are still a little sketchy.
Sure, Showtime president David Nevins has said the series is poised to be “reset”, with new faces and new places appearing in the upcoming run, but most of us are still struggling to get our heads around where the drama’s going now Brody is no more.
That, though is all about to change. This new two-minute teaser trailer drops a lot of plot and gives us a good idea about what we can expect from series four. Namely that…
– Carrie is struggling with being a mum (possibly because her little girl looks just like Brody) and might have taken a job in Pakistan to get away from the trials of motherhood.
– An American missile hits a wedding and the evidence is broadcast all over the internet after the CIA’s intelligence goes wrong.
– Newcomer Sandy Bachman, aka Corey Stoll, is taking on a big role. And from the look of this trailer we’re not sure if we should trust him…
– Saul and Carrie are back working together. (We know – phew.)
– We’ll get to see a lot more of Quinn.
– Carrie is still the woman we know and love. We’ll see plenty of that crying face. And she’s still going out on a limb, questioning authority and breaking the rules…
Homeland series 4 airs in the US on 5th October on Showtime