Mackerel with fennel and preserved lemon
PER SERVING 364 kcals, protein 29.1g, carbs 3.6g, fat 25.9g, sat fat 5.2g, fibre 2.6g, salt 0.7g
- mackerel fillets 4, skin on
- lemon 1, juiced plus wedges to serve
- fennel a small bulb, halved and very finely sliced
- preserved lemon 1, flesh scraped out and discarded, and the peel finely diced
- flat-leaf parsley a bunch, roughly chopped
- olive oil golden caster sugar 1/2 tsp
1. Rub the fillets with half the lemon juice and season. Grill the mackerel skin side up for about 7 minutes or until cooked through.
2.Toss the fennel, preserved lemon skin and parsley in 1 tsp olive oil, the sugar and the remaining lemon juice and season well. Serve with the mackerel.