1. Craft cheer The loveliest and most relaxing clip of the week? Torquay traditional signwriter David A Smith, filmed to promote John Mayer’s new album – because he made the front cover from wood, glass, and gold and silver leaf.
It’s a long clip but the sight of a craftsman at work, combining fine materials with exquisite skill and endless care, is mesmeric.
2. Powerful words An amazing 5.3m views for this anti-bullying poem by Shane Koyczan, which has been beautifully animated and set to music.
To some cynical British ears, Koyczan’s delivery might be a bit overwrought – but his message has really hit home.
3. “I got the itch to do marijuana!” Bad Lip Reading strike again, this time dubbing over some of the year’s worthiest independent movies.
Silver Linings Playbook, the taboo-busting drama about a woman who’s kidnapped Taylor Swift, kicks us off. Then Moonrise Kingdom gets rewritten from the inside out.
4. Obarmy The Obamas continue their important record as the most YouTubable Potus and First Lady ever with this joyous clip from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Before presenting an Oscar, Michelle Obama joined Fallon for a Mom-dance.
Her “Where’s Your Father? (Get Him Back Here!)” is particularly insightful, but of course her signature move is the “Dougie”.
5. Forget Movie 43… Viral king Jimmy Kimmel, meanwhile (contrary to what we thought for quite a long time he and Fallon are different people, hence the different names), delivered his now-traditional – because he did it once before – accompaniment to the Oscars: a trailer for an imaginary movie starring literally everyone.
Starring in Movie: the Movie: 2V: Salma Hayek, Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Bryan Cranston, Jude Law, Gerard Butler and literally everyone else.