1. Refusing to back down In perhaps the most absurdly, stereotypically British scenario of all time, two men argue about where some rubbish bags should be placed for collection.
Who are they? What are they saying to each other? Was there a winner? As long as nobody went crazy and raised their voice at any point, that’s the main thing.
2. Oi! Barack! Barack Obama’s inauguration spawned a few viral clips, including the lovely one of him turning to take one more look at the vast crowd. But even better was the admirably off-hand coverage of the post-ceremony walkabout by NBC, who sent weatherman Al Roker down to the barricades to bellow hopefully at important people.
3. Hoop-la The drawbacks of using your phone do to everything: that oh so useful Voice Recorder app is fine for, say, recording Celtic manager Neil Lennon at a press conference, so long as you’ve remembered to turn the phone bit of the phone off. If not, and the wife rings…
Impressive comic timing from the lad Lennon here, not to mention the hack’s wife, who rings back at just the right moment.
4. Lunar see Were the moon landings faked? This video – made in December but popular this week – says no. Not because the author can prove that Neil Armstrong et al were on the moon, but because he can show that the footage shown on TV couldn’t have been faked using 1960s video technology.
The best thing about this clip, though, is the guy presenting it. Ah, the weary wit of the veteran nerd dispatching people who don’t know their stuff.
5. Face the music AND FINALLY…
Presumably this face-splintering fail was quite funny before someone added the requisite blast of R Kelly. But you’re lucky enough to be seeing it for the first time, in its perfected form.
Sign up to the Radio Times newsletter for the latest TV and entertainment news