If you’ve been stuck in stasis since the late ‘80s (or just haven’t bothered to tune in until now), you’ll be pleased to know that you can catch up with the first eight series of Red Dwarf on Dave over the next few weeks.
In the run up to Red Dwarf X, which begins airing on the channel in early October, digital TV’s “home of witty banter” is dedicating its weekends throughout September to re-screening the sci-fi sitcom’s BBC shows in their entirety.
And seasoned Dwarfers will be chuffed to learn that Dave will also be broadcasting secret codes during the show’s ad breaks, which can be entered on the channel’s website to access brand new Red Dwarf X trailers every weekend until the new series’ launch.
In a move that we can only assume is a nod to the first episode of series three (Backwards), Dave will be broadcasting the series in reverse order, starting with series eight on Saturday 8 September.
Here’s the full schedule. The asterisked series will contain the aforementioned secret codes in their ad breaks:
- Red Dwarf VIII – Saturday 8th September from 11am *
- Red Dwarf VII – Sunday 9th September from 11am
- Red Dwarf VI – Saturday 15th September from 11am *
- Red Dwarf V – Sunday 16th September from 11am
- Red Dwarf IV – Saturday 22nd September from 11am *
- Red Dwarf III – Sunday 23rd September from 11am
- Red Dwarf II – Saturday 29th September from 11am *
- Red Dwarf I – Sunday 30th September from 11am
The one piece of Dwarf history not being screened, however, is the show’s three-part ninth series Back to Earth made for Dave in 2009. You can watch the trailer for that series below: