All sorts of singing sensations have stood on the ‘X’ and performed for The X Factor judges over the past eleven series. From the room auditions to the Wembley Arena stage, there’s been hundreds of thousands of auditions, but some just won’t budge from my memory.
Sure the judges have changed over the years, with Simon Cowell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Rita Ora and Nick Grimshaw making up the new-look panel this year, but the brilliantly bonkers acts have stayed the same.
These acts may not have won The X Factor. They may not feel they got their lifetime dream of stardom, but their audition tapes sure aren’t going anywhere.
Here’s my pick of the auditions that will take some topping in this year’s twelfth series…
1. There’s a lesson that we can all learn from Kitty Brucknell’s 2011 audition – know when to stop talking.
2. Oh J Star and his ghost-like rendition of Hallelujah wasn’t quite what the judges – or anyone else for that matter – were expecting.
3. Abby and Lisa’s attempt to break out as double act Ablisa didn’t quite go to plan, ending with an on-stage punch up…
4. Ariel – she’s a holistic vocal coach don’t you know? – wasn’t pleased about being referred to as a number, performed a piece that didn’t go down well and got escorted out. All in a day’s work…
5. Remember the time Louis Walsh got into a water fight with a contestant? Yep, enter Debbie Stevens…
6. Well, to put it lightly, it escalated quickly when this Pink tribute act took to the stage…
7. Ant and Seb left with Simon’s words ringing in his ears: “It’s more like Ant and Deaf”
8. This one will take some beating: it’s the lad from the chicken factory…
Emma is RadioTimes.com’s resident reality TV expert and is most likely to be found chasing Simon Cowell down the street, cancelling her social life to keep up with the latest batch of sob stories and trying to get selfies with celebrities. Emma is a chat show addict and quotes Friends more than is probably healthy.