2. Head on up to Will’s birthplace Stratford Upon Avon this weekend. Take part in his 450th b-day procession through the streets of the Elizabethan market town to lay flowers on his grave. Plus there’s a pageant, music, poetry readings, street performers, Morris dancing, story telling, face painting, drama workshops, cake eating…
3. Read up on some of Shakespeare’s plays. Like, really speedily.
9. Watch Tom Hiddleston casually launching into Henry V’s rousing monologue, without any preparation. The man’s a genius.
10. Get your hands on a ticket for a performance at London’s Shakespeare’s Globe for just 450 of our British pennies (normal price £5). Call 0207 401 9919 to take advantage of the reduced price standing tickets, quoting ‘Birthday offer’.
11. See Eddie Redmayne wearing makeup and playing a girl in Twelfth Night. Just because.
Ellie is an entertainment, TV and film journalist writing news and (hopefully incredibly witty) comment for RadioTimes.com. She loves light-hearted dramas and glossy US series - and is more than a little bit obsessed with Downton Abbey. Foodie, sun-seeker and aspiring novelist in her own time. Likes the fact that her name rhymes with telly.