1. “No one wants to kiss a girl in black.”
Take note, ladies…
2. Don’t risk being underdressed at a dinner party.
You don’t want to be mistaken for the help.
3. Be careful who you who admit as a house guest.
Putting up poor Pamuk was much more bother than it was worth…
4. And for those visitors you can’t refuse? No guest should be admitted without the date of their departure settled.
5. Follow your heart and you’ll get your happy ending.
6. Grannys are always right.
Or at least amusing to listen to.
7. Don’t be defeatist.
It’s very middle class. And it won’t get you a husband, either.
8. Never make a move on a colleague, unless you are completely sure your feelings are reciprocated.
And definitely don’t do it while they are asleep. That’s just creepy.
9. Don’t marry someone you don’t love.
They’ll turn evil and frame you for their murder. That’s for sure.
10. Make sure someone sensible is managing your finances.
(Not this fellow.)
Downton Abbey continues on Sundays at 9:00pm on ITV.