It’s time to sort fairweather John McClane fans from the real diehard Die Hard nuts with a fiendish 20-question quiz about the series.
So if the idea of testing your Die Hard knowledge doesn’t give you the Willis (sorry), have a bash at our trivia test and check your score at the bottom of the quiz to find out just how well you know the action franchise.
10. Who plays master hacker Frederick ‘Warlock’ Kaludis in Die Hard 4.0?
11. What was the name of Hans Gruber’s number one henchman in Die Hard?
12. Which tune from the American Civil War plays during the bank robbery in Die Hard With a Vengeance?
When Johnny Comes Marching Home
13. The first two Die Hard films take place on a special day of the year. Name the day:
14. In which country does the closing scene of Die Hard With a Vengeance take place?
15. Complete this tagline for A Good Day to Die Hard: Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother…
16. What is the term used in Die Hard 4.0 to describe a full-scale attack on America’s computer systems?
17. What is the name of John McClane’s long-suffering wife?
18. Die Hard was originally written as Commando 2, a vehicle for which popular action star?
19. Which magazine originally published the article that Die Hard 4.0 was based on?
20. On which British TV magazine show did Die Hard star Bruce Willis give a toe-curlingly awkward interview in 2013?
The One Show
16-20: Super-cop: If ever a bomb needs defusing with Die Hard trivia knowledge (don’t ask how), you’d be on the authorities’ speed-dial. 11-15: Grizzled detective: Very good, don’t get us wrong, but not great. A bit like Die Hard 2. 6-10: Workaday gumshoe: Room for improvement – but maybe you just haven’t had chance to see A Good Day to Die Hard yet. 0-5: Bruce Witless: Die Hard not your specialist subject, then? Oh well, never mind: have a go at our film taglines quiz instead…