2013 marks the 25th anniversary of Die Hard and the agreeably trashy A Good Day to Die Hard has just debuted in British cinemas. Therefore, what better time than to sort fairweather John McClane fans from the real die hard Die Hard nuts with a fiendish 20-question quiz about the series.
So if the idea of testing your Die Hard knowledge doesn't give you the Willis (sorry), have a bash at our trivia test and check your score at the bottom of the quiz to find out just how well you know the action franchise.
To paraphrase Jeremy Irons in Die Hard With a Vengeance: Simon says get your thinking cap on...
1. Which award-winning British actor played Hans Gruber in the original 1988 Die Hard?
2. What is the American title of Die Hard 4.0?
Live Free or Die Hard
3. Name the Roderick Thorpe novel which was used as the basis for Die Hard:
Nothing Lasts Forever
4. What type of shop was Zeus Carver (Samuel L Jackson) working in at the beginning of Die Hard With a Vengeance?
5. John McClane's son is called Jack, but what is the name of his daughter?
6. In which building does the first Die Hard take place?
The Nakatomi Plaza
7. What was the title of the Die Hard video game released for PlayStation, Sega Saturn and PC in 1996?
Die Hard Trilogy
8. Which BBC newsreader makes a cameo appearance in A Good Day to Die Hard?
9. Name the principle antagonist in Die Hard 2:
10. Who plays master hacker Frederick 'Warlock' Kaludis in Die Hard 4.0?
11. What was the name of Hans Gruber's number one henchman in Die Hard?
12. Which tune from the American Civil War plays during the bank robbery in Die Hard With a Vengeance?
When Johnny Comes Marching Home
13. The first two Die Hard films take place on a special day of the year. Name the day:
14. In which country does the closing scene of Die Hard With a Vengeance take place?
15. Complete this tagline for A Good Day to Die Hard: Yippee-Ki-Yay Mother...
16. What is the term used in Die Hard 4.0 to describe a full-scale attack on America's computer systems?
17. What is the name of John McClane's long-suffering wife?
18. Die Hard was originally written as Commando 2, a vehicle for which popular action star?
19. Which magazine originally published the article that Die Hard 4.0 was based on?
20. On which British TV magazine show did Die Hard star Bruce Willis give a toe-curlingly awkward interview in 2013?
The One Show
16-20: Super-cop: If ever a bomb needs defusing with Die Hard trivia knowledge (don't ask how), you'd be on the authorities' speed-dial.
11-15: Grizzled detective: Very good, don't get us wrong, but not great. A bit like Die Hard 2.
6-10: Workaday gumshoe: Room for improvement - but maybe you just haven't had chance to see A Good Day to Die Hard yet.
0-5: Bruce Witless: Die Hard not your specialist subject, then? Oh well, never mind: have a go at our film taglines quiz instead...