A Radio Times reader is once again being offered the chance to receive free West End theatre tickets for a year and become part of the expert panel that decides the winners of the Olivier Awards for 2013.
• Starting from 6 March 2013, the competition winner will receive two free tickets (the best available) and a programme to all the new West End productions in the running for an award. They will then join the Oliviers’ judging panel.
• To enter, write a 150-word theatre review of a production you have seen in the last year and send it to us — details below — along with an explanation of why you deserve to be on the panel in fewer than 100 words, and a list of all the shows you have seen in the past year.
• Four readers will be shortlisted by Radio Times from all entries and invited to London on 21 or 25 February 2013 for an interview at the Society of London Theatre (SOLT). One winner will then be selected by SOLT to join the theatre panel (this does not cover opera or dance). The winner will be expected to commit to watching all proposed productions (about 100 over the year) and aside from the tickets and programmes will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred by SOLT or RT. For competition rules see p146 of the 26 Jan-1 Feb issue of Radio Times.
• “It has been an extraordinary experience,” says last year’s winner, Claire Guinness. “It’s wonderful that Radio Times are running the competition again and some lucky person will be able to take over from me,” she says. “There hasn’t been a single night where a wave of delight hasn’t covered me as the curtain goes up! It has been such a privilege and a joy to witness it all.”
• Looking for inspiration? Why not book theatre tickets priced at £10, £15, £25 and £35 for more than 45 West End shows with Get Into London Theatre. Booking is open until 15 February 2013. Book online at getintolondontheatre.co.uk or call 0844 4122703
• Send your entry, name, address, email and phone number to Oliviers Competition, Radio Times, Vineyard House, 44 Brook Green, London W6 7BT; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Oliviers Competition in the subject line. The closing date is 5 February 2013.