Everyone loves films, right? Of course you do. And everyone remembers their favourite movie posters too, don't they? Packed with funky graphics, exotic fonts and witty taglines...
But just how memorable are those taglines in practice? Could you recognise a film by its tagline alone? Oh, you think so, eh? Well, why not test your trivia knowledge to the limit with our film taglines quiz. Read each example, have a mull, and then click the button to reveal which film each pithy line's associated with. Then check your score at the bottom of the page to determine just how much of an authority on film you really are. Best of luck!
1. Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
The Shawshank Redemption
2. Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
3. An offer you can't refuse
4. Nothing On Earth Could Come Between Them
5. Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character
6. Life Is In Their Hands -- Death Is On Their Minds!
12 Angry Men
7. If he's crazy, what does that make you?
One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest
8. Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
9. For Three Men The Civil War Wasn't Hell. It Was Practice!
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
10. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
11. In space no one can hear you scream
12. On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody
13. One rifle, one gun. One for killing, one for fun
Full Metal Jacket
14. Father of a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I shall have my vengeance in this life or the next
15. Let the Awe and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin
2001: A Space Odyssey
16. Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life
The Lion King
17. Have the adventure of your life keeping up with the Joneses
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
18. Her life was in their hands. Now her toe is in the mail.
The Big Lebowski
19. When his nation needed a leader, when the people needed a voice, an ordinary man would help him find the courage
The King's Speech
20. Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a starter home. Choose dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose your future. But why would anyone want to do a thing like that?
: Film buff extraordinaire. Admit it, you're Barry Norman, aren't you? 10-14: Apprentice cinephile. Good effort, you've got a memory that would shame most elephants.
: Casual film fan. Respectable work but, to quote my old geography master, could do better. 0-4
: Cinephobe. Oh dear, you're either not that keen on movies or you've been paying more attention to what's on screen than on the posters...